Butter Beans Beans Organic
Product: Butter Beans
Latin Family: Phaseolus lunatus
Plant Family: Legumes
Other Names: Sieva, Dixie, Lima Bean and Henderson.
Ahh the classic butter bean… Making goulash, stews and casseroles not only delicious but also incredibly rich in nutrients for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters everywhere. Get busy swapping meat for these protein packed, low in fat beans. Ideal for whipping up a quick healthy supper, these legumes are definitely a store cupboard staple that every kitchen needs!
Organic butter beans , also known as lima beans, have a deliciously subtle flavour and soft texture. They are often used in baking sweet treats for their moisture and the texture it can add to a bake. Try making butter bean dip instead of hummus or add to stews for added protein.
These beans are popular amongst vegetarians and vegans for their versatility and nutrients. Butter beans are packed full of vitamins and minerals such as iron.
- High in protein
- Good source of fibre
- Low in fat
- Low in sugar
- Versatile in both sweet and savoury foods
- Long shelf life
- Full of vitamins and minerals
How to cook butter beans
- Cover with plenty of water and leave overnight.
- If in a hurry use boiling water and leave to stand for 2 hours.
- Drain and cook in fresh water for 1-2 hours or 30 minutes in a pressure cooker
- Add to recipes as instructed
Ways to use organic butter beans
- Add to slow cooker stews for stress free Autumnal dinners
- Use in baking for the perfect brownies
- Add to desserts for added texture and moisture
- Make butter bean dip instead of traditional hummus recipes
- Use in Lebanese style foods with added spices
- Add to chowder recipes
- Soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Rinse, add to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 60 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and serve.
Ingredients: Butter Beans Organic
All dried goods are currently delivered in paper bags. Please add to the delivery notes if you already have jars and we will fill them on delivery. (see jar label for weights and order a smidge less just in case)
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.4g
|of which sugars||3.6g
All our products are kept in airtight jars however we also keep nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten in our stockroom and care should be taken if you have any allergies